Monday, September 23, 2013

Source 3: Something Different?

So, I may not recall whether or not I am allowed to use anything but academic journals... but hey, sources are sources. If they aren't used directly in a paper, they might aswell help with furthering understanding background knowledge. Right?

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/jakarta/protests-against-miss-world-continue-as-contestants-arrive/

2.) This is a link to a series of articles actually. I was looking for stuff about pageants and voila, it seems that the Miss World pageant just began! Lucky me. I know that I obviously would not use it in my paper, but I found it interesting that there was a lot of mentioning about the swimsuit portion of the pageant. I wonder if pageants undermine religion? Should religion be fearing it? I'm a bit mixed on the topic. The author isn't writing for a society of smarties though, they're definitely writiging to update the every day fellow... American?

3.)
We reject Miss World and immoral acts. We want to uphold shariah in Indonesia,” said Muhammad Al Khaththath, the secretary general of the Islamic People’s Forum (FUI).

4.) Mmm, i noticed in the article there was a lot of repeating stuff towards the end. I only noticed this after reading several that were slightly different from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment